Who travels with Special Vacations?

Adults of ages 18 and over with various physical and/or intellectual challenges ranging from highly dependent individuals who require assistance with all daily living needs to very independent individuals who hold jobs and live on their own. Our travelers live in group homes, with family, or independently. Some are blind, deaf, in wheelchairs, and some have mild special needs. Each trip is adapted to meet the needs of each person.

What is your staff/client ratio?

We have approximately one staff for every 5 individuals. We can also provide one-on-one care or a smaller group for individuals who require more attention, at an additional cost. A certified nurse accompanies us on most of our trips and many of our staff are med-certified.

Can parents, caretakers, or agency staff accompany travelers?

Yes, at an additional cost which varies depending on the trip. Call for details.

What does the price include?

Prices are all-inclusive to cover the cost of transportation (airfare or bus), lodging, food, entertainment and staffing. Individuals may bring spending money if they wish for souvenirs. Prices are subject to change due to increases in airfare and baggage fees.

What kind of identification do I need to bring for trips in which there is a flight?

For travel within the United Sates, you must have a STATE ISSUED PHOTO ID to board the plane. For trips outside the United States, you will need to bring a PASSPORT OR ORIGINAL RAISED SEALED BIRTH CERTIFICATE AND A STATE ISSUED PHOTO ID. It is important that you make sure you have these specific documents when signing up for these trips. If you do not have the proper identification when you arrive at the airport, you will not be allowed to fly and your trip will be canceled and not refunded.

Should I bring extra money and how much?

This is entirely up to you. anywhere from $10 for a small souvenir to $100 for a longer trip if individual wishes to do lots of shopping. Any money sent should be put it in an envelope with name of traveler and amount written on the outside. The staff will be glad to handle the money and return receipts if desired.

How do I register for a vacation?

You can sign up online, call our office at 215 844 1295 or notify us via email: info@specialvacations.net to register for the trip of your choice. If you call or email to tell us someone will be attending, we will begin to plan for them coming, and buy plane tickets or hold a space on a bus, hire staff, etc. For this reason, it is very important that you notify us immediately if you realize someone is not able to attend once they have been signed up. We will then send you a registration form which we require to be completed, signed and sent back to us with a deposit or full payment for the trip.

Where do trips meet and how do I know the meeting and pick-up times?

Several weeks prior to the trip, we will send a detailed letter stating meeting times and locations and specific items to bring with you on your vacation.

What if I need to cancel?

If for any reason you need to cancel a trip, please contact our office at 215 844 1295 immediately. This is especially important for trips which include airfare, so that we may attempt to provide you with a full or partial refund. Trips which are canceled less than two weeks prior cannot be refunded.

Who do I make the check out to?

Please make all checks or money orders payable to: SPECIAL VACATIONS, INC.

If you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to contact us.